Migrate to another VPS

Hello,

I have 2 VPS both have same config: Ubuntu 20.04 + Virtualmin installed.

VPS1 - > 4 Virtualservers inside
VPS2 → 2 Virtualservers inside

I want to migrate all the 4 virtualservers from VPS1 to VPS2, but keeping intact the actual config of VPS2

I check this guide: Migrating To a New Server – Virtualmin but I have a question: if I follow that guide the config of the VPS2 will be overwrited? and I’ll lose the 2 actual virtualservers? or that procedure will only add the 4 sites? without making any changes to the VPS?

Restoring the virtualmin.tar.gz backup would cause your Virtualmin config on the new server to be overwritten by the config from the old server. So, don’t do that unless that’s what you want to happen.

Domains can be restored without harming any other domains on the system, as long as they don’t already exist (again, don’t do that). A domain restore will create the domain on the new system, and do nothing to other domains.

Thanks for you reply @Joe I restore 1by1 and Im getting this error:

Restore failed : SQL grant all on lacunza.* to ‘mario@lacunza.biz’@‘localhost’ with grant option failed : You are not allowed to create a user with GRANT

Im searching a lot in Google but I can’t found a fix, any idea?

I’ve seen this error mentioned dozens of times in the forum. I don’t know the outcome, though. If you search here for with grant option failed : You are not allowed to create a user with GRANT you will find a bunch of conversations, and I’m pretty sure I saw Jamie or Ilia chime in on them. I’m pretty confident there is a solution, but I don’t know what it is without searching/reading and I don’t have time right now to do that.

@Joe Yes, Like I said I search a lot, but nothing works for me. Migration works fine when the domain dont have a mysql database, but I have 3 domains with a huge DB and in the 3 the migration dont work, same error message in all

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.