Ubuntu Linux 20.04.3
We have been struggling with this issue for a couple of weeks now and the only relevant search results were previous posts on the Virtualmin forums back in 2018 and 2019, neither of which have actually had any solutions posted >
We have tried installing on root domain as a script and also on a subserver domain via the script. We even tried installing phpmyadmin completely from the command line on the root domain. All had the same result - they were stuck with the limit of 2M.
We have updated every php.ini file, have checked the Resources page for each relevant php version within Virtualmin - all of these are set to 8M with a memory limit of at least 512M
Other forums like Stackoverflow have many answers which point out all of the normal solutions that we have already done (as above).
Is it possible there is an issue with Virtualmin (we have used VM for years without this issue before) ?
Grateful for any new ideas as we are lost as to how to solve this.
We are using FCGId as FPM.
I would have attached a screenshot of the Resources Limits page for you but I could not attach it to this post. Memory : 512M, Max upload: 8M, Max input time 60s, Post size: 8M and max execution : 30s.
The file you referred to does not exist in the setup - there is only one file in pool.d folder which is called www.conf
The server is Ubuntu 20.04 LTS so we are on the same page.
Every execution mode has PHP config in a different place. I don’t like it, but it’s necessary because of how each of them works.
FPM configs live in…I think /etc/php-fpm.d/domain-id.conf (might be different on Ubuntu…that’s definitely where it is on CentOS).
The config items you’re looking for probably get set with something like php_value[post_max_size, I think? You may need to do a bit of googling to figure out whether that’s the case (it’s too late for me to go spelunking at the moment).
You also have to restart the php-fpm service, not the web server, to make these changes take effect (PHP runs under the FPM service, rather than the web server in the FPM execution mode).
Went in search of those settings and they are different on Ubuntu - /etc/php/7.4/fpm/conf.d/php-fpm.conf and a php.ini. The php-fpm.conf had no references to post_max_size and the php.ini values all matched those we can see in the Resources page. We then went searching under the domain name settings - just in case - home/domain/etc/php7.4/php.ini which again has the same limits in it as we see on the Resources page.
It simply looks like Virtualmin and the system are working as they should, its just phpmyadmin that seems to be pulling the wrong config from …