Manage SSL Certificate - This SSL certificate is already being used by does not reflect Dovecot despite copying it several times

Hi there. Not sure if this is a bug or just something wrong in my setup, but today I have been copying the SSL certs from each virtual domain to be used in Usermin, Postfix, and Dovecot.

Whenever I click on the “Copy to Usermin” or “Copy to Postfix” buttons, it does so and when I click back to the Manage SSL Certificate link, it shows the following: “This SSL certificate is already being used by : Postfix, Webmin” which is accurate.

However, whenever I do the same thing for Dovecot, it says “done” and stalls so I assume complete (same process for Postfix, for example) but when I click on the Manage SSL Certificate link again, it never shows that the SSL Certificate is being used by Dovecot. I’d assume it would say something to the effect of “This SSL certificate is already being used by : Postfix, Webmin, Dovecot”, etc.

Why does it never show Dovecot as using the SSL cert? Am I doing something wrong? Is it a bug perhaps?

Has someone made your certificate file immutable at some point in the past? This would prevent Virtualmin from writing out the certificate file.

What operating system are you running? Then I can give you additional troubleshooting steps.