Manage database button action

Hello,
Where can I change the default action/link for the “Manage…” link/button under Edit Databases?

I changed under Aliases and Redirects for the default server: From /secretphpmyadminname to /usr/share/phpmyadmin/. When I click the “Manage…” button or link I would like to open a new page http://anydomain/secretphpmyadminname or something close to that.

Thank You!

Howdy,

Unfortunately, outside of modifying the theme itself (which I wouldn’t recommend, since it would get overwritten each time it’s updated) – there’s no way to change what happens when a user clicks the Manage link.

You could add a phpMyAdmin link to the left-hand navigation bar though. To do that, go into System Customization -> Custom Links, and click “Add a new custom link”. That would put a new link on the left.

-Eric

Hello,
I do not mind modifying the theme, but I do not where are the files for it.

I am using the GPL version, so I guess I do not have the “Custom Links” option.

Well, what you’re looking for would be somewhere in /usr/share/webmin/virtual-server-theme or /usr/libexec/webmin/virtual-server-theme, depending on your distribution.

I don’t know which file in particular you’d need to tweak, but hopefully that helps get you started :slight_smile:

After changing the theme files, you may need to restart Webmin for your changes to go into effect… you can do that by typing:

/etc/init.d/webmin restart

That is great help! Thank you!