Mail problem after migrating to a new server.

Dear all,

after following the document on to migrate to the new server, I have problem sending mail through Outlook. Thinking of ISPs blocking port 25, I had added 2525 as SMTP port to the prior server. When migrating to the new, that line of file was also moved. Firewall is also configured to allow incoming connections to 25 and 2525 ports. However, none of the domain owners on the server can send mails through Outlook.

I googled for the solutions to the problem but I could not solve the problem. Would you, please, help me to solve the problem? It’s been 3 days and I am not able to make it work.

Warm Regards


What problems are you having exactly? What errors are you seeing?

If you look in the error logs in either /var/log/maillog or /var/log/mail.log, do you see any errors in there?


Hi, Eric.

I don’t know if I’m write or not but it seems after running “virtualmin modify-dns --all-domains --ttl 38400” command mails began to go through Outlook. Prior to that everything seemed to be ok but somehow mails were not sent. I didn’t see any problem on neither /var/log/maillog nor /var/log/mail.log files.

Thank you very much for your time.

Best Regards

Well, the DNS TTL that you changed shouldn’t have affected whether or not emails were delivered… but it’s possible something else was going on that it did fix.

For example, if BIND weren’t working properly – maybe it had stopped or crashed for some reason – running that command would have restarted BIND.

But, it sounds like you’re saying it’s working okay now – and that’s great!