Mail domain

Hello,
I’ve got problem with my mail server. Sometimes it sends email as user@domain instead of user@domain.com so my mails are rejected by many websites. How to fix it?
I’ll add that I’m using drupal and phpbb 3 and there are problems only with mails that are sent from those scripts, but the configs are OK

Howdy,

It sounds like the “from” address somewhere is set incorrectly. You may want to double-check that your “from” address is listed correctly in those applications.

Also, what output do you receive if you run the command “hostname” – do you see your full hostname there?

-Eric

@up
Thanks for your fast reply.
Both configs (phpbb and drupal) are correct I think that there could be problem with hostname. I’m using VPS and I can’t set domain.com, only domain. Is it any way to fix it?
edit:
well I can set it to domain.com, but after rebooting it’s setting back to domain. Maybe a start-up script that sets hostname to domain.com would solve my problem?

How to set that depends on your distro… which Linux distribution/version are you using?

-Eric

I’m using debian so I can set it with ‘hostname’ command, but after reboot it will be set again to domain (without dot com). Should I talk with administrator?

I don’t know why (I’ve didn’t change anything), but I can’t login to usermin, but I can login to virtualmin. What can be wrong?

Howdy,

Using Debian, you can set your hostname so that it’ll be correct upon reboot by editing /etc/hostname, and putting your correct hostname in there.

As far as Usermin goes – since that’s a different topic, I’d suggest beginning a new forum thread for that to help us from getting confused :slight_smile:

In that new forum thread, include any relevant logs from /var/usermin/miniserv.error and /var/log/mail.log.

-Eric