Mail bouncing on new virtualmin install?

Hi there!

I’ve just set up virtualmin and all email to one of my domains is bouncing – aliases that are just meant to forward to external gmail accounts. Those aliases are all properly set up in Edit Mail Aliases.

This is the error that gets returned:

Technical details of permanent failure:
The recipient server did not accept our requests to connect. Learn more at https://support.google.com/mail/answer/7720
[domain.com. the.ip.address: timed out]

I’ve verified that “Mail for domain enabled” is enabled for the domain in Edit Virtual Server --> Enabled features, and have a priority 10 MX record pointing at the root domain (ie. not at mail.domain.com). I’ve tried changing the mx record to mail.domain.com, but it bounced in the exact same way.

I’m sure it’s something basic/obvious but as a virtualmin first-timer, I honestly have no idea where to turn next!

Any help greatly appreciated!

Just to rule out your are blocking email communications, can you run iptables -L -n and post the result here, and please use tags when posting.

Hi,

As @Diabolico mentioned it could be a firewall issue, or something else misconfigured in your system.

If you require hands-on assistance, feel free to drop me an email or as @Diabolico mentioned post the output of iptables -L -n so we can help you diagnose the matter.

Best Regards, Peter Knowles TPN Solutions

Email: pknowles@tpnsolutions.com