I’m having the following problem after running: /bin/sh install.sh

install.sh: line 164: logger_fatal: command not found
install.sh: line 165: logger_fatal: command not found
install.sh: line 166: logger_fatal: command not found
install.sh: line 167: logger_fatal: command not found
install.sh: line 170: logger_fatal: command not found
install.sh: line 173: logger_fatal: command not found
install.sh: line 174: logger_fatal: command not found

Can anyone shed some light on this one? Let me know if you need any other information.

I have the following operating system:
cat /etc/redhat-release
CentOS release 5.3 (Final)

Thanks,

Luke

Hi Luke,

Yeah, it’s not supposed to do that :slight_smile:

I’d recommend filing a bug report so Joe or Jamie can take a look. Thanks,
-Eric

I will do that. Thanks for the quick reply Eric.

How did you get install.sh onto the server? Did it go through a Windows system on the way there?

I found this post searching google with the same problem…
After digging into the shell script a bit, it looks like there are a few calls to ‘logger_fatal’ but the function itself doesn’t exist.

I changed logger_fatal to ‘echo’ as a temporary fix and just made it output error info to the terminal screen…of course there’s still an underlying issue causing your error messages to begin with…

Yes, this turned out to be /tmp mounted noexec. That won’t work, since the logging library and quite a few other components have to run out of /tmp. (To be fair to the installer, no supported OS installs fresh with /tmp set to noexec…so the script isn’t really wrong here, since it isn’t documented to run on systems that have already been customized from the default OS installation. Nonetheless, the solution you figured out on your own is the one we’ve added to the next version of the script.)