License set to expire in 3 days, even after upgrading

License set to expire in 3 days, even after upgrading; what did we do wrong?

We had the 50 user license and since it was due to expire; we decided to upgrade to the 100 license; but this did not work out the way we wanted; it looks like all we did was increase the license for 3 more days; instead of our expiration date and the license.

How do we fix this?

Howdy,

An upgrade and a renewal are separate processes… upgrading doesn’t extend your license.

You may have overlooked the upgrade description seen here:

https://www.virtualmin.com/catalog/virtualmin/upgrade/100

If the upgrade you purchased has already been applied to your license, then the only way to obtain the cheaper pricing for the renewal at this point would be to file a support request, and work with Joe and Jamie to work that out :slight_smile:

-Eric

The Upgrade has been applied.

File support request for Joe or Jamie, Not sure where I should do this; but if Joe or Jamie could set this up, and let me know what to do, I’d appreciate it.

I now understand that I should have renewed the 50 license first, then upgraded to the 100; but since I don’t see a way to do that now, I’ll need some help.

Also, what will happen when the license does expire?
Not that I plan on letting that happen; but we only have a few days left.
My guess is that the update feature and script installer will no longer work.

Thanks

Howdy,

If your license expires, you won’t lose any functionality, though it’ll prevent you from obtaining new Virtualmin updates for that particular installation.

Joe and Jamie should be able to help with the request you filed… if you have any other questions, just yell!

-Eric

Where do I file a support request

Where do I file a support request

You can file support requests using the “Support” link at the top of the page :slight_smile:

-Eric