LibClamAV Error on CentOS

Hello,
I was on #centos IRC channel…
and they say to report this to you, since the clamav packages for centos are from your repository

I see many of these on “messages” log

Jul 11 17:13:01 myserver clamd: LibClamAV Error: cli_gentempfd: Can't create temporary file /tmp/clamav-f8d0d7dab25f2a01cc2eb9b4ead4de21.tmp: No such file or directory Jul 11 17:13:18 myserver clamd: LibClamAV Error: cli_gentempfd: Can't create temporary file /tmp/clamav-aab069dda04c68253e31d540e8cecc34.tmp: No such file or directory Jul 11 17:31:57 myserver clamd: LibClamAV Error: cli_gentempfd: Can't create temporary file /tmp/clamav-d1d94540bcb99733e062db5d323ddaa9.tmp: No such file or directory

never seen this before

/tmp dir doesn’t seem to have issues, has 1777 permissions

df -i /tmp
Filesystem Inodes IUsed IFree IUse% Mounted on
tmpfs 4080185 4992 4075193 1% /tmp

so, what’s wrong here, please?
thanks

someone from clamav channel reports this patch

https://bugzilla.clamav.net/show_bug.cgi?id=11549

can you please confirm this issue?

up, please…
issue is always there

thanks

When it comes to ClamAV you should wait for Joe or Eric to answer to your question because ClamAV is edited and distributed by Virtualmin. There was some problems in the past (and still few of them are pending) so Joe made some modifications. For example just updating ClamAV from EPEL will cause a lot of problems with Virtualmin so you should pay attention what patches to apply. Best would be to make full server backup and then try otherwise you could end with broken ClamAV and Virtualmin.

I hate this status quo with ClamAV but Joe several times complained how this software is bugged as hell and i think he is right.

no, I checked by
yum remove clamav*

and I got that all the clamav packages are from virtualmin repository

and noticed another error on procmail.log
ERROR: Communication error

so there is a big issue here on CentOS 7… probably it doesn’t work since a really long time…
and no one solved it

don’t know…the behavior is strange… so tried to save to use clamscan, then reverted to clamdscan… now it seems working again…

but i’ll keep a look at it…
really weird here on CentOS…

Howdy,

Which CentOS version is it that you’re using there?

Also, what is the output of the command “rpm -qa | grep clam”?

-Eric