Lets encrypt updating?

Seems I had lets encrypt from github, haven’t used it but planning to now use it.
I may have tried it before it was officially added.

When looking at doing SSL on a virtualserver I get this message.

Updating letsencrypt and virtual environment dependencies...You are using pip version 7.1.2, however version 10.0.1 is available. You should consider upgrading via the 'pip install --upgrade pip' command. ..letsencrypt-apache 0.1.1 has requirement acme==0.1.1, but you'll have acme 0.24.0 which is incompatible. letsencrypt-apache 0.1.1 has requirement letsencrypt==0.1.1, but you'll have letsencrypt 0.7.0 which is incompatible. .Traceback (most recent call last): File "/root/.local/share/letsencrypt/bin/pip", line 7, in from pip._internal import main File "/root/.local/share/letsencrypt/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pip/_internal/__init__.py", line 42, in from pip._internal import cmdoptions File "/root/.local/share/letsencrypt/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pip/_internal/cmdoptions.py", line 16, in from pip._internal.index import ( File "/root/.local/share/letsencrypt/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pip/_internal/index.py", line 15, in from pip._vendor import html5lib, requests, six File "/root/.local/share/letsencrypt/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pip/_vendor/requests/__init__.py", line 86, in from pip._vendor.urllib3.contrib import pyopenssl File "/root/.local/share/letsencrypt/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pip/_vendor/urllib3/contrib/pyopenssl.py", line 46, in import OpenSSL.SSL File "/root/.local/share/letsencrypt/lib/python2.7/site-packages/OpenSSL/__init__.py", line 8, in from OpenSSL import rand, crypto, SSL File "/root/.local/share/letsencrypt/lib/python2.7/site-packages/OpenSSL/SSL.py", line 118, in SSL_ST_INIT = _lib.SSL_ST_INIT AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'SSL_ST_INIT'

Is there anyway to change lets encrypt so its managed and updated by webmin instead of manual?

Whats the best way to keep lets encrypt updated?

Cant run the pip update as non exists.

I updated the glit version I had with a pull and managed to get a certificate.
With a port forward its working.

Also as mentioned whats the best way to use lets encrypt natively and let web/virtualmin dot he updates than a git pull?

Webmin -> Webmin Configuration -> SSL Encryption -> Lets Encrypt will get you an LE cert for Webmin. Is that what you’re asking?

Different for Virtualmin.

Python 2 is kind of old. Is your system old? Maybe you need to update your Webmin installation, too.

Its Centos 6.9 I have all the latest updates

That’s not what I was asking, I was asking about letting webmin update lets encrypt via the package manager when webmin updates as I read its not integrated and updates with web/virtualmin updates, currently though I am using a git pulled version as I tested it very early and to update I need to manually ‘git pull master’ in the lets encrypt folder to update.

OK, but LE administration is built into Webmin and Virtualmin. I’m not sure why you are giving yourself a headache by messing with additional packages from github. :slight_smile:

As said I want to convert to using the built in let’s encrypt bott the GitHub version hour not sure how.