Let's Encrypt Keeps Sending Notifications of Failed Renewal, yet the SSL is active and fine

SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version AlmaLinux 9.3
Webmin version 2.105
Usermin version 2.005
Virtualmin version 7.10.0 Pro
Theme version 21.09.5
Package updates 355 package updates are available, of which 93 are security updates

Here are the details of the issue, which is only affecting one domain that I know of at this time:

• Let’s Encrypt is WORKING for the domain, manual attempts to run it from the Let’s Encrypt tab are successful every time, and the SSL cert is active and working.
  • The user is complaining that they keep receiving email alerts about Let’s Encrypt failing for their domain.

The user has received this email roughly 5-6 times so far today, and it happens daily:
edit - i cannot paste the contents of the email with the 2 url limit.

Essentially, the email states that the client domain has failed several challenges.
Why does it keep trying to renew, and fail, when it already has a working SSL certificate? I manually ran the Let’s Encrypt after the fact and it still works, SSL is still valid. No idea why it is trying to renew it on it’s own, and why it is failing when I can manually run it with no problems. The client is getting frustrated with us over the email they are receiving.

Update: I have determined that the email notification is actually coming from an older Virtualmin server:
We have 2 virtualmin servers, and have been slowly moving sites between the older to the new.
The notifications for failed let’s encrypt renewal is occurring on Virtualmin#1, where the virtual host for the domain has been removed entirely.

With the virtual host being completely removed, I have no idea why this system is notifying/still trying to renew a domain when there is nothing to renew.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.