Operating system: CentOS OS version: 6.1
Running into a problem with let’s encrypt when I check the site on sslshopper.com. I get the following error:
The certificate is not trusted in all web browsers. You may need to install an Intermediate/chain certificate to link it to a trusted root certificate. Learn more about this error. The fastest way to fix this problem is to contact your SSL provider.
Let’s Encrypt is not reporting any errors in the control panel, under the server configuration / SSL area and several renewal cycles have completed without error.
Looks like maybe updating to CentOS 7 and then installing the dev version (assuming it’s compatible with 7) might be the most direct way to fix. I’m concerned about how many things I will break with the 6-7 upgrade though. This is on a production webserver.
If it helps, it was a while ago but I’m pretty sure I was offered the upgrade from 6 to 7 using the package updates in Virtualmin. Upgraded without issue. Just took a snapshot of the server first in case things went awry.
You woud not belive how just switching from one distro to another can help.
At home, I installed Iinux mint in an old toshiba laptop and my wifi would go off every 3 minutes. I switched to Ubunto 18.04 and my wifi connection runs smoothly since then.
As another example I had a hard time cofiguring perl cgi scripts in Centos 8. Switched to Debian 9 and the cgi script worked out of the box.
What I do is I always have available a clean vps setup with 4GB RAM free to test any distro with a specific script I need to install and I keep the distro that runs out of the box or needs the least configuration from the start.
Of course all the above when I am just starting setting up a new server not with one I have been using for a while where data can be lost or configurations messed up.
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, refresh-packagekit, security
Setting up Update Process
webmin-current.rpm | 39 MB 00:05
Examining /var/tmp/yum-root-d8nNMa/webmin-current.rpm: webmin-1.971-1.noarch
Marking /var/tmp/yum-root-d8nNMa/webmin-current.rpm as an update to webmin-1.942-1.noarch
Determining fastest mirrors
YumRepo Error: All mirror URLs are not using ftp, http[s] or file.
Eg. Invalid release/repo/arch combination/
removing mirrorlist with no valid mirrors: /var/cache/yum/x86_64/6/base/mirrorlist.txt
Error: Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: base
Enabled a vault repo, ran the install for the dev version and the SSL problem cleared up. Thanks for the help everyone. It will get me through until I have a minute to build out a new server with a newer OS.