Vmin GPL (webmin 1.932 / virtualmin 6.08)
Renewing a LE cert for:
fails and I get these errors:
request failed : Web-based validation failed : Failed to request certificate :
mydomain.com challenge did not pass: Fetching https://mydomain.com/.well-known/acme-challenge/beYJTLRBsBzfs_kxSwUJ0MFoScoXk2QYxPFsvEuV7AU: Timeout during connect (likely firewall problem)
DNS-based validation failed : Failed to request certificate :
Undefined subroutine &main::restart_zone called at /usr/libexec/webmin/webmin/letsencrypt-dns.pl line 47.
mydomain.com challenge did not pass: DNS problem: NXDOMAIN looking up TXT for _acme-challenge.mydomain.com
Things I’ve noticed/checked:
- Firewalld settings are the same as a similar domain on another instance of Vmin, which successfully renewed.
- Added the patch in this Github commit for letsencrypt-cleanup.pl & letsencrypt-dns.pl (https://github.com/webmin/webmin/commit/771be1a754fafa02abb5d5670f3ba4a6e94f30c4), no difference renewal errors still occur.
- Noticed an _acme-challenge TXT entry is created in DNS Records, this is not created in the successfully renewing domain on my other Vmin instance.
- HTTP/HTTPS redirects are the same in this domain as the other instance.
- I do not have a .well-known directory under public_html on EITHER instances - I was under the impression that this is no longer needed, but the errors perhaps indicate that it is - although I don’t seem to need one on the other ‘successful’ instance.