Let's Encrypt auto generate ssl

Hello all,

I see that SSL’s can be requested from server configuration -> SSL certificates -> lets encrypt -> request certificate. This all works great.
I would like to know if there is a way for Virtualmin to automatically request certificates for newly added domains (I am not talking about renewals, I am talking about when adding a new domain, a certificate should be requested automatically ).
Is there a command (a Virtualmin command) I can issue with a cron or with a script? Or some configuration file to enable requesting SSL’s when new domains are added?

Thanks in advance!

I think if you check “Enable SSL Website” in the default template it will automatically request the certificate during virtual server creation.

Hello,

I tested that, checked the Enable SSL Website without pressing the Request button. After over 24 hours, the SSL was not requested.

Hi,

By default, VIrtualmin is setup to “create an SSL” certificate, but NOT request a signed one via Lets Encrypt. Basically it’ll create a “self-signed” certicate by default. However, you can adjust the settings so that LE certificates are requested and applied automatically upon creating a Virtual Server.

1. System Settings
  2. Virtualmin Configuration
  3. SSL settings
  4. Request Let’s Encrypt certificate at domain creation time: Yes

Once enabled, future domain creation will request an LE certificate when you enable SSL automatically.

Hello,

Thank you. I do not know how I missed that setting.
Works great.

Thanks again, have a great day!

@szkhost,

Oh it’s pretty easy to miss :slight_smile: The configuration for this setting is pretty hidden if you don’t know where to look. Glad I could help.