Lets Encrypt and subserver issue

Hello,

I’m having an issue with Lets Encrypt and subservers where basically the SSL cert seems to be including the name for a completely different domain name on my server!

Not sure where its going wrong…

I have domain.com which I have generated a Lets Encrypt for and it works fine and includes www.domain.com All fine to here.

I have then created client1.domain.com and client2.domain.com as subservers, both websites work fine, but when I try and include them on the SSL cert (by using the ‘Domain names listed here’ it all seems to complete successfully, no error messages, but when I navigate to client1.domain.com (or client2.domain.com) I get this error NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID which appears to be correct, because the SSL cert (when checking at sslshopper.com) is for an entirely different domain name (which does actually exist on my server and has it’s own SSL cert).

How could this of happened?

Any idea how to resolve or what to look at?

Thank you.

I forgot to add this, apologies:

Operating system Debian Linux 8
Webmin version 1.872
Usermin version 1.734
Virtualmin version 6.02

Anyone? Thanks.

This happened again and I can’t remember for the life of me how I resolved it, but it is a recurring issue. Whenever I create a new virtual server and ask it to create an SSL certificate, the latest certificate overwrites all the other ones and I get the above behaviour.

Anyone any ideas?

Thanks.