LDAP + Virtualmin/Webmin/Usermin Authentication

#!/bin/sh

[ â

OK, I've updated the Users and Groups module documentation to include all of the bits that were missing, including all of the available variables.

http://doxfer.com/Webmin/UsersAndGroups

The LDAP module is also documented at Doxfer, but just refers to Users and Groups for most of the details

Awesome, that helps a ton! I actually ended up finding this on the web too. I ordered the book also, just waiting for it to be delivered…

For reference here is the script I ended up adding to the LDAP Users and Groups -> Module Config -> Before/After Commands:

[code:1][ â

OK, I've updated the Users and Groups module documentation to include all of the bits that were missing, including all of the available variables.

http://doxfer.com/Webmin/UsersAndGroups

The LDAP module is also documented at Doxfer, but just refers to Users and Groups for most of the details

Awesome, that helps a ton! I actually ended up finding this on the web too. I ordered the book also, just waiting for it to be delivered…

For reference here is the script I ended up adding to the LDAP Users and Groups -> Module Config -> Before/After Commands:

[code:1][ â

I have a new problem. This one is very urgent. I need to batch create about 100 users tonight and one of the variables that work fine when manually adding a LDAP user is not working when batching.

The script below sends a e-mail when the LDAP user is created. But when I batch add the user the $USERADMIN_PASS does not show up in the e-mail. All the rest of the variables work fine. The strange thing is there is also the makedatabase.sh script being run (earlier in this thread) that still works great. $USERADMIN_PASS sets the MySQL dB in that script just fine with the batch. The password is NOT being encrypted in the batch file. Any ideas?

Batch file format is:

create:username:password::gid:realname:path:shell::::::givenName=name:sn=lname:mail=e-mail:telephoneNumber=number

###############BEGIN SCRIPT###############
#!/bin/sh

[ â

I have a new problem. This one is very urgent. I need to batch create about 100 users tonight and one of the variables that work fine when manually adding a LDAP user is not working when batching.

The script below sends a e-mail when the LDAP user is created. But when I batch add the user the $USERADMIN_PASS does not show up in the e-mail. All the rest of the variables work fine. The strange thing is there is also the makedatabase.sh script being run (earlier in this thread) that still works great. $USERADMIN_PASS sets the MySQL dB in that script just fine with the batch. The password is NOT being encrypted in the batch file. Any ideas?

Batch file format is:

create:username:password::gid:realname:path:shell::::::givenName=name:sn=lname:mail=e-mail:telephoneNumber=number

###############BEGIN SCRIPT###############
#!/bin/sh

[ â