LDAP & Virtualmin + Postfix

Hello everyone.

I have a problem I can’t resolve for days. I’m trying to integrate LDAP with Virtualmin to work with email addresses and accounts.

I followed the instructions here : https://www.virtualmin.com/documentation/installation/ldap

Here’s what I know : (Speaking about the LDAP Users and Group module)

1. I can add an user only if I disable the “Enabled IMAP account by default?”

2. If I try anyway, it returns this error :

Failed to save user : Failed to add user to LDAP database : objectClass: value #3 invalid per syntax

Now I said to myself, “Maybe it will resolve by finishing the tutorial”, so that’s what I decided to do. But when it comes time to test the mail aliases (and to create one), I have this error :

Failed to save alias : LDAP add of mailLocalAddress=test,dc=Aliases,dc=foo,dc=bar failed : no structural object class provided.

So now I’m blocked. I searched accros the web but couldn’t solve the problem. Please tell me which config file or logs you need ! I don’t really know what useful stuff to post.

Thank you very much !

Luca

Update for those who are searching too :

To be able to add aliases, it is not sufficient to edit the file with the webmin interaface. You need to replace AUXILIARY to STRUCTURAL in /etc/ldap/schema/misc.ldif and activate it with ldapadd -Q -Y EXTERNAL -H ldapi:/// -f /etc/ldap/schema/misc.ldif

Howewer, I can’t resolve the second error at the moment.

So if someone knows, don’t hesitate to post here :slight_smile:

Luca