Joomla3.2 installation stops after creating few tables.

I am newbie to virtualmin. I previously used kloxo. But recently heard about virtualmin’s security and versatility. This why I installed virtualmin gpl, webmin and usermin on a vps. But while I am going to install joomla 3 on a domain, it stops on a third step after creating few table. This is why I can tell that there is no file permission issue. I am using apache2 with fcgid, mysql 5.1, php5.3. Trying for two days. But did not succeeds. Please help me.

Howdy,

There shouldn’t be any file permission issues on a default installation using FCGID – in that case, PHP is being executed as the Virtual Server owner, who should have rights to all the files in that account.

Unless, perhaps – was the root user used to upload or unpack the Joomla files? If that were the case, then the root user may be the owner of them, which could indeed cause problems.

Also, you may want to take a look at the Apache error log for any clues, that’s available in $HOME/logs/error_log.

-Eric

I think this the error we are try to find.[Fri Nov 15 07:54:30 2013] [warn] [client 121.205.238.155] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required ‘/home/admin/public_html/includes/defines.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php’) in /home/admin/public_html/index.php on line 28

and the code in the line 28 is

if (!defined(’_JDEFINES’))

{
define(‘JPATH_BASE’, DIR);
require_once JPATH_BASE . ‘/includes/defines.php’;
}

Does it a open base dir off problem?

Howdy,

Hmm, so just to be super sure – does the exact path and file it mentions exist?

If so, what is the output of these three commands – this will help show if there’s a permission issue of some sort:

ls -ld /home/admin/public_html ls -ld /home/admin/public_html/includes ls -l /home/admin/public_html/includes/defines.php

Finally I managed to install joomla 2.5 using root user details and ie8. I think it is was database connection reset or something issue related to database connection failure after some time. However I shall post the result of the commands executions later. Thanks.