Issue setting DKIM DNS Record

Hi all,

I’m new to Virtualmin, got a bunch of cPanel servers and was trying this out for a project.

When trying to set a DNS record for DKIM (external email server) the string gets severed every time.
Tried all the combinations I could remember. Now a days few apps still conflict with DKIM records, its unfortunate to see virtualmin fall behind (like in having nginx available with apache on the background, a rather simple feature that’s all around but in virtualmin).

Can someone tell me exactly how to set the DKIM records straight into Virtualmin? External email, I just need to add the DNS record.

Thanks

viewing the zone file at /var/named/ I realized the record is complete.
However, when I open the record on the WebGUI it only shows a part of the record.

I get that its working but not being able to see the full record seems an issue to me. thanks.

Hello @maverick and welcome to the community.

Cannot agree that Virtualmin has ‘fallen behind’. It is a GUI to manage a server. You can use it to configure a server as you like. Did you expect Virtualmin to have a switch which would have ‘nginx available with apache on the background’? :slight_smile:

Thanks for the welcome,
But now about that mentioned feature, what’s so special about it? Do you want me to tell you how many WebGUI’s similar in purpose to virtualmin have that feature out of the box or with simple plugins that require zero effort?

• cPanel Engintron
  • Plesk
  • VestaCP

Got a top three, do you want more? got more!
I guess they’re all idiots doing that.

So yes, I do expect having a switch, like others.

As I mentioned I’m experimenting Virtualmin, as I pay for cPanel servers I definitely would pay for a Virtualmin or other software that gives me guarantees of a good job being done, instead of having someone asking:

Did you expect Virtualmin to have a switch which would have ‘nginx available with apache on the background’? :slight_smile:

That’s just a no go.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.