Issue restoring backup

I’m trying to restore a backup from a Virtualmin Pro installation to a Virtualmin GPL installation to retrieve some files, however when I try and run the restore, I get an error message referring to Reseller accounts (I have a few accounts on the Pro install).

Can I not restore from Pro to GPL if reseller account is present?

Thanks,

Paul

Howdy,

Hmm, are you restoring a backup of a Virtual Server, or is it the “virtualmin.tar.gz” backup file that you’re restoring?

-Eric

Hi Eric,

Its a backup of a Virtual Server.

One thing to add is that it is a sub domain, so i have created the top level domain and now the error message is related only to the missing reseller account.

Paul

Am I missing something crucially obvious here?

I am still encountering this error on restore.

I’ll talk to Jamie about that… it may not be possible to restore a Virtual Server that has reseller info in it on a Virtualmin GPL server. Jamie may know of a workaround though, I’ll let you know what he says.

-Eric

Also, note that if you just need some files, you could always just manually untar the backup file.

-Eric

Okay, Jamie tells me it should work if you restore it via the command line.

You can use the “virtualmin restore-domain” command, and just make sure you pass in the “–skip-warnings” flag as a parameter.

-Eric

Hi Eric,

I have tried that but all that appears inside the tar file is loads of folders, and trying to find the correct folder is difficult. Unless I’m doing something incorrectly?

Paul

Thanks Eric, I will try this.

Paul

Howdy,

You should see all the folders that were part of your Virtual Server… for example, the public_html folder.

If the file you wanted was within the public_html folder, you could untar the backup file, and then go into the public_html folder to find your file.

If you have your backup file in a temporary directory, and it’s named “domain.tar.gz”, you can untar it by typing “tar zxvf domain.tar.gz”. All the files and directories within that will start appearing in your current directory.

-Eric

Any results Pixel_paul ? I’m facing the similar issue restoring backups of domains.

Have you tried using the command line to do the restore as suggested by eric?