Is this how PHP-FPM is meant to work?

CentOS Linux 7.7.1908
Webmin version 1.941
Usermin version 1.791
Virtualmin version 6.08
Apache 2.4.6

I seen the posts regarding multiple versions of php-fpm and have been able to install php-fpm versions 7.1, 7.2 in addition to the defaults of 5.4 and 7.0

I can select these in Virtualmin > Server Configuration > PHP Versions.

In Dashboard > Servers Status, the installed php-fpm versions show as ‘servers’. I find that I can only have one php-fpm server running at a time - is this correct behaviour?

The only php-fpm server of mine that is installed but not running at present is php-fpm 7.4

Thank you for confirming that. No doubt I did something wrong - I’ll give it another go.

Found I was getting ‘127.0.0.1:9000’: Address already in use ’ error. After reverting all virtual servers back to FCGId I applied the fix of changing the port number in www.conf (though I thought this was resolved in Vmin 6.08) and changed to PHP-FPM again - seemed to work fine, all PHP-FPM servers were up and running.

Did not survive a reboot though ( FCGI: attempt to connect to 127.0.0.1:8002 (*) failed), only combinations of restarting PHP-FPM servers/ PHP-FPM to FCGId and back to PHP-FPM seemed to get things working again.

I think I’ll leave PHP-FPM for now, maybe try again another time.

Edit: FWIW I had two virtualservers with PHP-FPM, one v7.0.27 and another with v7.2.24