Is there a script out there that automates payments through paypal

Is there a system in place that anyone knows of that works with virtualmin pro that automates signups through paypal? If not it really needs to have it and with multiple payment gateways. I can’t think of very many hosts that still take an old fashioned form and do it by hand.

I mean I have a script that I bought years ago that has a payment system with about 5 or more payment gateways, some of them offering recurring payments, might be easy to just set it up, and use it for the billing end, but the signup and setup wuljd stil have to be done manually.

I hope you guys at virtualmin are working on something like this for a soon release.

Hey Adam,

Rather than dividing our time between writing a virtual host administration system and writing a billing system (two very large, and very different sets of problems to be solved) we’ve decided to partner up with existing billing systems. AgileBill now includes Virtualmin Professional integration, and AWBS is working on support for Virtualmin Professional.

Some of our users have been very enthusiastic about whois.cart. I’ve attempted to contact the developers of that billing system, in order to get integration with Virtualmin into development, but they have yet to reply. I’m still hoping for some progress on that front, though.

If there’s a billing system that you like, let me know and I’ll see if we can work with the developers to get our tools integrated with theirs.

In short, we agree with you that it is an extremely important part of the hosting workflow. Too important, in fact, for it to only receive half of our attention (likewise for virtual host administration).

Hey Adam,

Rather than dividing our time between writing a virtual host administration system and writing a billing system (two very large, and very different sets of problems to be solved) we’ve decided to partner up with existing billing systems. AgileBill now includes Virtualmin Professional integration, and AWBS is working on support for Virtualmin Professional.

Some of our users have been very enthusiastic about whois.cart. I’ve attempted to contact the developers of that billing system, in order to get integration with Virtualmin into development, but they have yet to reply. I’m still hoping for some progress on that front, though.

If there’s a billing system that you like, let me know and I’ll see if we can work with the developers to get our tools integrated with theirs.

In short, we agree with you that it is an extremely important part of the hosting workflow. Too important, in fact, for it to only receive half of our attention (likewise for virtual host administration).

Joe,

FWIW, AgileBill looks promising, but I wouldn’t say that it “now includes Virtualmin Professional integration”. I have not seen an official announcement, and the only mention of Virtualmin on the AgileBill site still refers to the GPL version:

http://www.agilebill.com/Webmin?v=1buw

There is a single post about it in the forums:

http://forum.agileco.com/showthread.php?t=501

Further, I have tested it on one of my servers, and I can say that it didn’t work out of the box for me. I think I can make it work with a little more tweaking and understanding of the API, but I haven’t had time to devote to it yet.

Maybe someone else has had more success with it than me, but I think it still needs a little more work before it can be considered ready for prime time.