Is it possible to use variables in the Bucket/Container and path for Amazon/Rackspace backups?

I have a master image on Linode I use to create servers. I set as much up as I can and save the image ready for new servers.

Some tasks like backup schedules need manually modifying to change the path the backup is stored to, if I forget then it overwrites another servers.

So I wondered if it possible to use variables in the Bucket/Container and path for Amazon/Rackspace backups? Such as insert the hostname. I could then have a container/path like this, with whatever the variable is for hostname:
backups/<%HOSTNAME%>/full-%d-%m-%Y

Then I dont need to manually change it and it will just work out of the box and I dont have to worry about it!

Thanks

Yes do something like this in the Scheduled Backups

bucketname/virtualhostname-%d-%m-%Y

Refer attached image

Thanks. Are you saying “virtualhostname” will get replaced with the hostname? Doesn’t look like a variable. What I am after is for your “virtualhostname” to be replaced with the hostname of the machine automatically so I dont have to manually enter it in here. So when I spin up new virtual servers I have from a saved image, it will automatically start their backup with the correct name.