Is it possible to host two application in one virtualmin with different ports?

Hello,

1. I would like to know is there a way to have same virtualmin hosted two applications with two different ports… one is for default port 80 & 443 and another one with different port for API service which might be 8084.

2. if the first option is not available then I would create a subdomain and host API service from their, but however I want to access the same database for both parent and subdomain… How do we achieve it…?

SYSTEM INFORMATION
Ubuntu 18.04 REQUIRED
Virtualmin 7.1 REQUIRED

The first option may well be available. I am answering your second question first since I am able to understand it better.

You can do that by creating a database on the top level virtual server / parent domain and then using the credentials of the database that you see on the top level virtual server in the code that you run on the sub server / subdomain.

Any virtual server / domain on a Virtualmin system can access any database hosted on Virtualmin if the credentials of the database are provided to it.

1 Like

@pratam02

I think you’d be better off using separate sub-domains in all 3 cases leaving each one independently able to use HTTP or HTTPS.

As Calport says - the database side of things is no issue and you can have all 3 access the same one.

HIH

Dibs

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.