Ip redirecting to wrong website after changing default website

SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version AlmaLinux Linux 8.6
Webmin version 1.994
Usermin version 1.840
Virtualmin version 7.0
Theme version 19.94
Package updates 2 package updates are available

So I changed default website through server configuration > website options > Default website for IP address > Yes
But when I visit my IP it redirects wrongly instead of choosing the set default website.

Please how do I fix this behavior?

See screenshot below

Its supposed to redirect to hubloaded.com:10000 instead of daily4mative.com:10000
Please what am I doing wrong. Thanks

Your understanding of “primary website” is flawed. It is not supposed to redirect.

If you want to access Virtualmin via somedomian.tld:10000 then that domain must be either the Virtualmin server hostname or it must be hosted on Virtualmin.

1 Like

Thanks for your response. I changed default hostname to hubloaded.com.
I can access it through hubloaded.com:10000 but it doesnt give access like when I visit the site I used as default site while installation. can you check screenshot

I don not know how else to explain.

But what I simply mean is that
I first created the server with site1 where there are many other sites like site2, site3, site4.
when I visit site1:1000 it gives me access and control as the root user but now that I do not want site1 to be on the server again, I have moved it to entirely different host…
I now want to switch the default to site2 so that I can access all other sites just like I was doing when I had site1 on the server.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.