Invalid licence for GPL version (?!)

Hi.
I installed Virtualmin GPL on a server, and today, after a power shortage, I get:

Now re-checking your Virtualmin license …
… a problem was detected : An error occurred checking the licence : Invalid host or serial number

virtualmin licence-info

Serial number: GPL
License key: GPL
Expiry date:
Virtual servers: 0
Maximum servers: Unlimited
Servers left: Unlimited

I restarted the server, it has outside connection to the Internet etc… Hostname appears to be ok (but it’s not resolvable from the outside yet, it’s a test server with no domain on it).

Help?

After regular update of VM GPL, I am also suddenly experiencing this problem and getting this error message:

A problem was detected with your Virtualmin license :
An error occurred checking the licence : Invalid host or serial number A renewal can be purchased at http://www.virtualmin.com/shop

I AM USING GPL VERSION SO NOT QUITE CLEAR WHY I AM GETTING THIS…???

Webmin version
Virtualmin version
Operating system
CentOS Linux 6.5

This should be fixed by the 5.06-2 update. If not, let me know…I may need to poke at it some more.

Yes, it appears to be OK now. But I got a Perl error after the update, sorted it out by refreshing modules…

P.S.: Thanks!

Hi, same issue here:

Warning!
A problem was detected with your Virtualmin license :
An error occurred checking the licence : Invalid host or serial number A renewal can be purchased at http://www.virtualmin.com/shop

theme version: 1.831
virtualmin version: 5.07
webmin version: 1.831

Serial number: GPL
License key: GPL
Expiry date:
Virtual servers: 13
Maximum servers: Unlimited
Servers left: Unlimited

Regards,
Jose

Same here… I have the GPL version installed and after a regular update to version 5.07 I am also getting this error message:

A problem was detected with your Virtualmin license : An error occurred checking the licence : Invalid host or serial number A renewal can be purchased at http://www.virtualmin.com/shop

Operating system CentOS Linux 6.8
Webmin version 1.831
Virtualmin version 5.07
Theme version Authentic Theme 18.32

same here too

Operating system CentOS Linux 6.8 Webmin version 1.831 Virtualmin version 5.07 Theme version Authentic Theme 18.32. Now i have Reseller Account manager and many many Install Scripts… try for buy? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Even i didnt encounter any problem with Centos 7 and last Vmin update, after alnork post i went to check again and he is right - Vmin GPL have enabled all PRO features.

This doesnt look good as its second time this is happening in the last 3 Vmin updates. Plus it looks like instead of removing the bugs we are going in the direction to accumulate even more of them. Not sure what is happening in the “background” but looking at the events in the last 1-2 months and the increasing amount of spam on the forum for sure it doesnt look good. No, i’m not saying Vmin is “dead” but this could be clear sign that devs are stretching too much and as results start making some illogical mistakes.

Sorry, y’all. My fault (again). I updated my release roll-up scripts for 5.05 or 5.06, and it had a bug that rolled the wrong version into GPL repos. I mostly fixed it (Debian and Ubuntu and the wbm repo should be right). But, the CentOS repo was still getting the wrong thing. I think the 5.07.gpl-2 release fixes it. It’s not a marketing trick, just me being an idiot with fat-fingers rolling out releases too late at night to be thinking clearly.

And, if it’s any consolation, Virtualmin 6 GPL will include a number of new scripts pulled in from Pro. (Not all of them, as they take so much work to maintain, and we’ve gotta pay for that work somehow, but a handful of popular ones.)

Thanks for the head’s up!

Issue resolved for CentOs with the latest update release…

Thanks and keep up the good work!