Installing WHMCS on virtualmin

do you have the ioncube line before the zend lines, yes? ioncube needs to load before zend
also instead of restart do a full stop and then start…

lol I thought that might of been the case, because on the 64bit I had ioncube first and didnt have this problem…

Im attempting it now…

another thing you can try is to call it with lynx.
yum install lynx
then in the cronjob replace php -q with lynx -dump

see if you receive the email a cron would send if you have set that in the admin part.

I believe yum is for centOS, Im using debian. would it work with apt-get install or aptitude install…

ill see if it does, oh and for the apache error, no I still get the error if I load ioncube first, i= think it either has something to do with ioncube or even my server, not sure…
But this time on the 32bit I tried running ioncube first, and then stop/started apache and it gave the same error…
I didnt even get a chance to try instal zend lol…

But I dnt really think its my server…

my current setup is proxmox, and on that I have about 5KVM/ VPS servers, each one on its own (not part of a cloud or anything)…

and all other vps on it, work fine I can stop start restart apache2 with no errors, even the vmin on my 64bit, that also has ioncube and zend optimizer still works…

oh well Ill keep playing around till I can get either one to work with whmcs…

Hopefully Matt gets back to you, with a resolution :slight_smile:

Cheers…

you should be able to do apt-get install lynx

you can also try

GET http://domain/with/whmcs/admin/cron.php

This is also suggested in the Automation section of whmcs

Hi ronald, your a legand mate, that did the trick, and it worked, well sort off lol…

I tried the yum install lynx but ofc I used apt-get install lynx (debian)
and I tested the cron in webmin and it completed successfully,

BUT I use google apps for my mail, and havent setup mail on the server, to tell the truth I dnt really know how to setup mail on vmin…

and basically whmcs is having trouble connecting to the smtp host, Im thinking its because Im on a virtual site and need to somehow setup mail in virtualmin to work and forward mail to google apps, or I dnt really know lol…

But I need to somehow setup mail to work with my mail…
Ive only ever done it on a LAMP server a few days ago, and setup the ticket system, via the tutorial ““Gears”” made on whmcs forums…

Thanks heaps for helping to get crons working :slight_smile:

no my next task is to find a tutorial for mail…
I found ““Configuring POP3 and IMAP Clients”” Just about to have a read and see if it helps :slight_smile:

to use google mail server you have to disable mail in virtualmin for the whmcs domain first.
then you add mx records to the whmcs domains zone file:
webmin - servers - bind dns servers - click the domain in question - click mail server and add to Name, your whmcsdomain.tld. and in Mail server the ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM. ALT1.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM. etc…
dot forget to put dots behind the entries…

Hi ronald I followed your instructions and it seemed to all go smoothly but when I attempt to send mail from whmcs i get the following error…

[code[Email Sending Failed - SMTP Error: Could not connect to SMTP host.[/code]

also I still cant seem to get setup Get mail from other accounts:
(Download mail using POP3)
in gmail…

Im thinking Ive missed something…

I have to have a closer look at both vmin and my whmcs setup…
Im sure its something simple, maybe Ill try disabling mail all together for now in vmin and see if it helps…

thanks again for the help :slight_smile:

2nd EDIT LOL***
Ok my mistake, I should of read the error properly lol… ok I just had to turn off virus filter… which I did and now I managed to turn off mail…

BUT is this safe, is this just virus filter for emails, or for the server as well…

Thanks Again lol :slight_smile:

***OK I read further on and yes the virus filter is for MAIL lol (well I hope thats all)
damn its getting late, or should I say early… its 6.45am in my end of the world…

For the record I have whmcs running with the ioncube loader installed manually. I didn’t use the zend optimiser to get it going either.
Only thing I can suggest is to be sure you restart your httpd.

I basically have mail working but with a few hiccups…

at the moment, when someone signs up, they get an auto welcome response, and if i send mail from inside whmcs, the customer will receive the mail I sent…

also if a customer opens a support ticket, the users assigned to that department will recieve a notification, but the actual email for the support department, i.e support@hostmeweb.com will not receive one… (STRANGE)

Im not sure why the error is, but Im having a problem within google apps its self…
when I try

Add a mail account you own

I add the email account and the correct passwrd etc, but when I try add the POP Server, I get errors…
I have tried all 5 below on ports 995, 993 & 110, but each return an error…

mail.hostmeweb.com on ports 993…

pop.l.google.com on ports 995 & 993…

smtp.gmail.com 993 & 995…

imap.gmail.com port 993 & 995…

pop.gmail.com on port 995 & 993 the error is
There was a problem connecting to pop.gmail.com
Show error details Server returned error: “Connection timed out: There may be a problem with the settings you added. Please contact your other email provider to verify the correct server name and port.”

mail.hostmeweb.com on ports 995 & 110…
Show error details Server returned error: “Connection refused”

pop.l.google.com on ports 110…
Show error details Server returned error: “We were unable to locate the other domain. Please contact your other provider.”

smtp.gmail.com 110…
Server returned error: “Connection refused”

imap.gmail.com port 110…

pop.gmail.com port 110…
There was a problem connecting to pop.gmail.com

have all the correct MX records and CNAME records setup, and they are working because I tested them on the LAMP server a few days ago, before I started using vmin…

I guess the main thing is the emails are working now, and I just need to find the cause of the above errors, …

Thanks again for your help :slight_smile:

And if Its not too much trouble, I wanted to ask, if its possible to use SSL on more then one site, when ever I try a get a warning, that its already used on my other site…

Hi Daworm
I also installed ioncube manually and whmcs worked but I count create crons for it…
But thats all sorted now, I installed lynx and changed the cron from php -p to lynx -dump at teh start and all workes normal I think… (well im not getting any errors regarding ioncube wen trying to run crons,

are u able to run crons… what linux version are u using…

Yeah, I can run crons fine.
CentOs 5.4

Unless ZendOptimiser is on from a previous application install…

Interesting, I attempted CentOS 5.4 but encountered the same problems regarding crons…

But this was before I knew about ZendOptimiser… I guess a good way to tell if you have Zend would be in your php info…

oh well the good thing is its working now and just need to get mail working properly, which I read that Imap-SSL/Pop3-SSL needs to be enabled within the web-server’s php installation, or try install the php5-imap package, apparently Google Mail services will only accept secured connections.

and Im not sure if my vmin is or isn’t…

On my LAMP I installed and configured SSL and it was different to vmin’s SSL, like for example when I browsed to my url via https I would get the blue bar next to my favicon, were with virtualmin I don’t get the blue bar… (not sure) lol

but I would really like to enable ssl on more then one site, but have trouble since there all sharing the one IP…

when I tried to create separate virtual IP’s using my local IP’s I encountered an error…

these are the google entries for your MX record:
Priority: 1 to: ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM
Priority: 2 to: ALT1.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM
Priority: 3 to: ALT2.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM
Priority: 4 to: ASPMX2.GOOGLEMAIL.COM
Priority: 5 to: ASPMX3.GOOGLEMAIL.COM
Priority: 6 to: ASPMX4.GOOGLEMAIL.COM
Priority: 7 to: ASPMX5.GOOGLEMAIL.COM

mail.hostmeweb.com becomes obsolete as mail on the virtualmin would be disabled

from a client as thunderbird use pop.gmail.com on port 995 and have ssl checked.
for outgoing mail use smtp.gmail.com on port 465 and have ssl also checked

Hi guys mails is setup everything works and looks like ill be moving on from the trial and purchasing the license… :slight_smile:

the trick was (as mentioned before) to

apt-egt install php5-imap

and then I was able to Get mail from other accounts:

now my last hurdle is trying to get ssl on all sites if possible lol

and will attempt sub-domains, which I think shouldn’t be a prob…

Thanks Heaps Ronald, I wouldn’t of got this far so quickly, if it wasn’t for your help…

Much appreciated :slight_smile:

Your mail account has been added. 

good to hear.

There are 3 ways to get ssl on all domains.

1. get a dedicated IP for each domain.
  2. purchase a multi domain certificate (very expensive).
  3. purchase a wildcard certificate (about 150 dollar) and make all domains a subserver, e.g. sub1.domain.tld, sub2.domain.tld etc

your best option is to get extra IP’s for those websites that need it.

Hi mate
When I purchased my domain I was given a ssl cert, which Im yet to use… (have always installed my own lol)
but I very much doubt its a wildcard cert of multi domain cert…
Ill have a talk to my isp and see if they offer a 2nd IP.

Thanks Again :slight_smile:

I’ve been using WHMCS on VMin Pro for close to a year now. Did you get this resolved? If not maybe I can help you a bit.

-Regards

I tried to install ioncube on my server for a shared hosting account, however, it is only accessible to the root. and the users can’t access nor use it. what shall i do?

thanks,
Business Essays

Hi just an update on the original problem as to why the ioncube loader errors were appearing.

I also use WHMCS and found that you have to have the ioncube loader entry in the /etc/php5/cli/php.ini file for any cron jobs to work. Just putting the ioncube entry at the top of the fcgi/apache php.ini files is good for the site to work but won’t help the crons which need it also on the command line interface php.ini!

This fixed it for me.

The other thing I also had to do to get things working was put the full install path in /cones/config.php (which by default just had …/ in there. So replace that with /home/usernamehere/public_html/whmcs (or whatever your whmcs install path is) - then the cron jobs work a treat!