SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version Rocky 8.6
Webmin version 1.840
Virtualmin version 7.1
Related packages SUGGESTED

No errors on installation.

Running wizard:
Warning! A problem occurred testing the ClamAV server scanner :
ERROR: Could not connect to clamd on LocalSocket /run/clamd.scan/clamd.sock: No such file or directory

----------- SCAN SUMMARY -----------
Infected files: 0
Time: 0.000 sec (0 m 0 s)
Start Date: 2022:05:31 20:43:59
End Date: 2022:05:31 20:43:59

Does this matter?

It matters in the sense that ClamAV isn’t working. If you won’t be using AV scanning, it doesn’t matter to you, but it matters to us, in that we’d like to not have errors immediately after install under normal circumstances. (But, making clamav work is not a normal circumstance. It’s a PITA, especially on systems smaller than 2GB or so.)

Thanks @Joe

It doesn’t matter to me as I don’t need it. I just realised that I hadn’t chosen that option before and I tried it and that’s what happened.

Cheers

Can you please tell us which Virtualmin install script version did you use exactly to install on Rocky?

It was the new beta version that I used. To be specific, the link posted in this thread:

Thanks

That link took you to your post so the actual link to the script is:

https://software.virtualmin.com/gpl/scripts/vm7-beta-install.sh

Great. Yes, this was a bug and I have made a patch to Virtualmin config system module to address that. Whenever Joe rebuilds it, it will include the patch.

Thank you for reporting!

Thanks @Ilia

You are welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.