Install scripts on Virtualmin Pro

Intel x86_64
**Ubuntu Server:20.04.3 REQUIRED
**Webmin Version:1.981 REQUIRED
**Virtualmin version:6.17-3 Pro REQUIRED
Related products version: RECOMMENDED

After I installed the Ghost script. Into the public_html as the top level. When I go to the www.rpihobby.us I get the default Virtualmin holding page. The home directory is what is not right /home/rpiadmin/public_html is where it was installed. Can anyone give me a hint as to where I change the home directory.

Home directory is not supposed to be set to document root. The Home Directory is the user home where everything owned by the domain lives, not just web content. You should not change the home directory to include public_html. It has nothing to do with your problem.

Ghost is a node app, so where it is installed is basically irrelevant, actually…it runs in its own app server and gets proxied to. You can delete the index.html file from ~/public_html to get rid of the default page, but I’m not sure that’d make Ghost work, but it might. I don’t know exactly how Apache gets configured for proxying to Node apps when installed with Install Scripts…we may need to see your VirtualHost section to see what it’s trying to do and then go from there for troubleshooting.

1 Like

Makes perfect sense thanks, I will play around with it and see what happens. I appreciate your help.

Michael

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.