"Ignore these usernames" in Read User Mail module

I guess I must be missing something.

In the Configuration for the Read User Mail module under “User List Options” there is an option to list users you don’t want displayed.

I can’t get that to work. I enter a username and ensure that “Ignore list status” is enabled and click Save. If I then go back to look at that, the list has not been saved. Is there a switch somewhere I am missing ?

This box is running the Pro version of VM on Cento5, another box I am running is on Fedora 5 and the GPL version and the feature works flawlessly.

Actually, I also have a suggestion to make. It would be nice, and possibly easier to just list the users you do want shown. So, if you have a box with, say, 300 users and you just want, maybe “root” you could simply add root to the list. That would save having to add users to the list each time a new user is added to the box. But that is not the purpose of this post. :slight_smile:

Thanks for reading

with me on centos 5.3 this is working as it should. per haps you want to set Ignore list status to disabled as it is on my system.

Hi Ronald,

Many thanks for your trying this and for your reply.

Sorry to say, that didn’t work either.

It seems that the save button isn’t doing it’s job. Does anybody know where the list of users to be ignored is saved, I could then check that assumption out.

Thanks for reading.

it should be in /etc/webmin/mailboxes

but I don’t see the list of ignored users in there while I have set multiple users to be ignored…
ignore_users_enabled=0
ignore_users=

Thanks Ronald,

Now that has achieved something.

On the box which is NOT working /etc/webmin/mailboxes/config has the same as you do. ie.

ignore_users_enabled=0
ignore_users=

If I set “Ignore status” to on, and save, then the config file updates to

ignore_users_enabled=1
ignore_users=

If I add a user say “fred.domain” and save, the list of users to ignore is not updated.

On the box which IS working the config file is like this :
ignore_users_enabled=1
ignore_users=fred.domain

So, I went back to the box which is NOT working and edited the file to read the same :
ignore_users_enabled=1
ignore_users=fred.domain
and that box now manages to ignore the user.

Now, still on the box NOT working if I go into the interface to examine the “ignored” users it lists “fred.domain”. Without making any changes, I clicked “Save” and the config file reads :
ignore_users_enabled=1
ignore_users=

ie. it has deleted the user even though I didn’t ask it to. To me that sounds like a bug in the WM interface. On the box which is NOT working I am running WM Pro and WM 1.48 using the default theme on Centos5.

The box which IS working is running WM GPL, WM 1.43 using the “Old Webmin Theme” on Fedora 5.

Obviously editing the config file every time I want to add a user to the ignore list is a pain.

Guess I’m stuck again. :frowning:

I’m beginning to wonder if I should raise this as an issue/bug. Though I could still be missing something but I have not a clue as to what that might be.

The symptom seems to be that the save button in the “User List Options” in the “Read User Mail” module does not save the content of the “ignore these users” box. Furthermore, it deletes any entries which might be added to the config file manually.

If I should raise that as a bug/whatever, should that be done here or is there a better place ?

this would lead me to draw a conclusion, that is, the list of users to ignore must be saved elsewhere…
my system does ignore users which I tell it to. However the config doesn’t show the list of the ignored users.

bug or not, it would be interesting to find out where the list is actually kept.

Has nobody got any information on this ?

Not even the Man himself ?

Well, it sounds like the thing to do at this point would be to file a bug report using the “Support” link above.

At that point, Jamie will take a look, and either fix it if it’s a bug, or point you in the right direction if it’s not :slight_smile:

-Eric