I Can't Send Emails To My Virtualmin Hosted Site

I’m trying to transfer domains to my new vps.

I’ve installed virtualmin and all the trimmings and added a domain ‘my-domain.info’.

I can send an email to my gmail account and receive it no problem.

However, when I send an email to me gmail account, and hit reply, I immediately get an email in Gmail saying the message fails permanently with the description ‘Technical Error: Domain Name Not Found’.

I also can’t send directly to my domain?

Does anyone know why reply to isn’t working?

Just an update:

‘hostname’ returns ‘server1’
‘hostname -f’ returns ‘server1.my-hosting.co.uk

Howdy,

It’s possible there’s a DNS issue of some sort. You may want to go over to intodns.com, and have them run a DNS check on your domain.

Also, when you’re looking at your email on Gmail – does the “From” address look correct?

-Eric

Hi Eric,

There are a few exclaimation marks on the intodns report, but no big red errors…

As for the from address, it comes from mailer-daemon@googlemail.com (Mail Delivery Subsystem)

I get the same when trying to send an email from my Hotmail Account:

'This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

me@my-domain.info'

UPDATE:

I’m running Centos, and had a look in the maillog file and tried to send myself an email. The following lines appeared:

Dec 29 20:11:07 server1 dovecot: imap(me.stevedavies): Error: stat(/home/stevedavies/homes/me/Maildir/new) failed: Permission denied

Dec 29 20:11:07 server1 dovecot: imap(group.stevedavies): Error: stat(/home/stevedavies/homes/group/Maildir/new) failed: Permission denied

Dec 29 20:11:07 server1 dovecot: imap(me.stevedavies): Error: stat(/home/stevedavies/homes/me/Maildir/dovecot.index.log) failed: Permission denied (euid=502() egi egid=501() missing +x perm: /home/stevedavies, euid is not dir owner)

Dec 29 20:11:07 server1 dovecot: imap(me.stevedavies): Error: open(/home/stevedavies/homes/me/Maildir/dovecot.index) failed: Permission denied (euid=502() egi egid=501() missing +x perm: /home/stevedavies, euid is not dir owner)

*** UPDATE ***
Actually, i don’t know if the above is related as I’m trying to reproduce the above error now and it’s not working