I cannot update Virtualmin

Yeah, but where is this coming from or where is that setup?

True, I mis-seen it.

OP will have to tell us, because Virtualmin/Webmin didn’t do it, and our install script didn’t do it.

cnf is apparently for the command not found feature on Ubuntu. (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/debmirror/+bug/1821251)

Again, indicating someone or something modified the Virtualmin repo configuration to point to an Ubuntu mirror at some point in the past, or otherwise copied Ubuntu repo metadata to be put in place of the Virtualmin repo metadata.

I think there is a problem with my isp.

163.172.162.25 has nothing to do with anything. That’s not our IP. Ilia was wrong above.

Did you do an apt-get clean!? Please just do an apt-get clean.

Ilia’s suggestion can’t fix the problems you have.

jfc. You’re exhausting me. You need to figure out where you screwed up your apt repo configuration and undo it.

grep -R virtualmin /etc/apt/

Oh, wtf. If this is freshly installed, just reinstall! Start from a freshly installed Ubuntu, and then run our install script. Don’t do anything weird. Don’t follow random guides you find on the internet. Don’t preinstall a bunch of other software. Don’t let your host install it for you. Just follow the instructions on our Download page.

There is no reason to waste more time on this weird problem of your own creation if you don’t even have anything useful on the system.

1 Like

exactly :slight_smile: however ubuntu help is riddled with ppas and other add on palava, that one is not surprised and thats why debian is against it
 @Joe - great call

This topic was automatically closed 8 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.