I Can send from webmail (usermin) but cant send to some remote emails from Outlook!!

Hi All

I have A problem with some of remote mail server when I send from outlook , but when I try send from webmail ( usermain) It’s success delivery.

the return error when I send from outlook as following:

This is the mail system at host mail.mydomain.com.

I’m sorry to have to inform you that your message could not be delivered to one or more recipients. It’s attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The mail system

example@DOMAIN.COM.SA: host mail.DOMAIN.COM.SA[] said: 550
Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable or Anti-spam Action (in
reply to end of DATA command)

So what do you think the problem ?!

thank you in advance

Nasser

Did I understand this right? You have a Virtualmin server, and one of your email users is trying to send a mail from his outlook through your server to an external recipient, and he received the non-deliverable reply you posted from your server?

The error message in the NDR sounds like some kind of spam filter was triggered at the recipient mail server and the mail was refused. You might want to ask your user what email he was trying to send, and review the mail logs in /var/log.

Dear Locutus

No the issue as following :

I can sending to local and remote mail servers fine without problems (from Outlook and webmin all users can do that) . from my Virtualmin server .

but the problem just with outlook and some external mail server (remote) all users can’t send to this remote server.

For Example:

All users on my Virtualmin server can’t send to this external mail server (mail.EL-SEIF.COM.SA) through outlook , and they can send from usermin (webmail) without problem.

Can you try to send test to this email a.hashem@EL-SEIF.COM.SA for example?! maybe the have high protection or antispam .

I’m sorry for my English , I hope that my explain is correct by this way. :slight_smile:

Best regards .

This is the log , wthen I try to send from outlook

Dec 18 13:15:21 mail postfix/smtpd[23110]: DCCB62E1167: client=unknown[188.51.67.251], sasl_method=LOGIN, sasl_username=nasser-energyaksa.com
Dec 18 13:15:22 mail postfix/cleanup[23114]: DCCB62E1167: message-id=!&!AAAAAAAAAAAYAAAAAAAAAO+yyG1fQLJDuXKm8Zilk1jCgAAAEAAAADWymmXK80xKit5xhrDI+WABAAAAAA==@energyaksa.com
Dec 18 13:15:22 mail postfix/qmgr[12108]: DCCB62E1167: from=nasser@energyaksa.com, size=23039, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
Dec 18 13:15:24 mail postfix/smtpd[23110]: disconnect from unknown[188.51.67.251]
Dec 18 13:15:31 mail postfix/smtp[23208]: DCCB62E1167: to=a.hashem@EL-SEIF.COM.SA, relay=mail.EL-SEIF.COM.SA[88.85.253.188]:25, delay=9.9, delays=0.32/0/8.4/1.2, dsn=5.0.0, status=bounced (host mail.EL-SEIF.COM.SA[88.85.253.188] said: 550 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable or Anti-spam Action (in reply to end of DATA command))
Dec 18 13:15:31 mail postfix/cleanup[23114]: CCE512E19B9: message-id=20131218101531.CCE512E19B9@mail.energyaksa.com
Dec 18 13:15:31 mail postfix/bounce[23478]: DCCB62E1167: sender non-delivery notification: CCE512E19B9
Dec 18 13:15:31 mail postfix/qmgr[12108]: CCE512E19B9: from=<>, size=25703, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
Dec 18 13:15:31 mail postfix/trivial-rewrite[23479]: warning: do not list domain energyaksa.com in BOTH mydestination and virtual_alias_domains
Dec 18 13:15:31 mail postfix/cleanup[23114]: D01192E19BE: message-id=20131218101531.D01192E19BE@mail.energyaksa.com
Dec 18 13:15:31 mail postfix/bounce[23478]: DCCB62E1167: postmaster non-delivery notification: D01192E19BE
Dec 18 13:15:31 mail postfix/qmgr[12108]: D01192E19BE: from=double-bounce@energyaksa.com, size=3132, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
Dec 18 13:15:31 mail postfix/trivial-rewrite[23479]: warning: do not list domain energyaksa.com in BOTH mydestination and virtual_alias_domains
Dec 18 13:15:31 mail postfix/qmgr[12108]: DCCB62E1167: removedsize=25703, nrcpt=1 (queue active)

Well, I think your second explanation matches what I said… And my “analysis” is the same really… The email you tried to send was rejected due to spam filtering.

I just sent a small mail from my email program “TheBat” to the address you provided, and it went through without problems.

To analyse this further, the headers of the rejected email would be important, hoping that the recipient’s spam filter noted in there which rules applied / why the mail was rejected.

You might try sending the email in question to my address (use the one where my test came from), I’ll check the SpamAssassin log then. Might give a first indication what’s wrong with the mail.

Dear Locutus
I would like to thank you for your interesting

I installed your client “The Bat” but the same problem .
Can you please let me now how I contact with you or
Please contact with me on my email
nasser@energyaksa.com or
nhotmail@hotmail.com

regards

Hey! As per my previous post, please send the exact mail that’s having trouble to the email address from which I sent the test mail to you! And please tell me the exact time when the delivery attempt was made.

Sir,

the email that you sent test to , its external email and I have no access control on that server .

For your kind info the problem is not just with one email , all users on my server can’t send to any users on that mail server through outlook . and thay can send through usermin via browser without problem.

I hope you understand my trouble.

Okay, yeah I understand. But unfortunately it’s hard to guess what issue those emails might have in particular if I don’t see one, or at least the delivery attempt, first hand. :slight_smile: Maybe you can get one of your users who have the problem send a “problem email” to my address and tell you the precise time when they do.

You could also contact the administrators of the destination server and ask for info why your mails are being rejected. They certainly have logs about their spam filters’ activities.

Dear Locutus

I contacted them for a long time, they told me that they have a security policy according to international standards, but your point is good.
I’ll call them and ask them to send the transaction log between Their mail server and ours.

Is there contact way with you except this post ?
I’m sorry I don’t know If they have a policy prohibiting the deployment of email in this Forum.

Anyway, I appreciate your help and thank you very much.

Like I wrote previously, you can contact me under the email address from which I sent the test mail to you.