I broke my phone...how do i reset Virtualmin 2 factor authentication QR code so i can use my new phone?

I dropped my phone into puddle of salt water a few days ago. I now have a new phone.

How do i transfer the existing virtualmin 2 factor authentication via the google authenticator app over to my new phone? (i cannot access old phone btw its stuffed).

I am hoping that there has been some improvement since the forum post i found in 2014 that says i have to ssh into system and edit a file manually?

See if that link helps you in that: https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/200167886-What-happens-if-I-lose-my-phone-for-2-Factor-Authentication-

That part is no prpblem…its the code stored in webmin that is the problem.
I have got back in ok using the method described in the post about this in 2014. It would be nice if someone had developed a better way since then.

Agreed, we’d like to provide a better method for resolving that. I mentioned it to Joe, and that’s part of what he wants to offer in an eventual Webmin command line API… which we unfortunately haven’t built yet, but it’s on our list of things we’d love to do! But eventually, the goal would be to be able to reset the 2fa using a command on the command line.

-Eric