I am asking for an opinion from you

Hello everybody. Hope you’re all doing great. This is my first post in this community.
First i want to congratulate all of you that are working on this project. I am here to help in this kind of projects that can be very useful to people that have not to much possibilities.
I came from an experience of plesk panel and i am thinking to jump into virtualmin pro because i like your panel. Before i do that i want to ask for some things:

1. Is it possible to create a user in this panel? So, if i want to offer a user panel in my server to someone, in a way that he can have the possibilities of host for his domain but without the need to be in my panel, to be autonom.

2. Is it possible on this panel to have professional personalization of nameserver as i like? For example ns1.mydomain.com & ns2.mydomain.com

3. Last but not least, i have seen that this panel will let you to create a proper email. In your experience is it possible to create a smtp whith an integrated dedicated ip? So all the emails can be sent from one ip and one hostname choosen by me, not by the ip that i use for domains. I don’t want to use this for marketing email but to have a proper email for my domains.

I will be very very thankful if you will help me regarding this message.

Thank you in advance.

1. Yes.
  2. Yes.
  3. Yes.

Hi Artur,
I have just finished creating my own nameservers using Virtualmin and it works great. The only issue I had was that ns1.mydomain.com & ns2.mydomain.com must be must be declared/notified as nameservers at the registry. As far as I can tell, the only people who can do that are the company through whom you register the domains.

Good luck.

Actually, you do that.

You log in to the account where you bought the domain name and in your account settings you can change the nameservers.

Most companies try to hide that information and make it difficult to find so that you choose to have the hosting done with them.

But it is there in your account somewhere. You just have to find it.

Thanks Gomez,
I can see that I can update DNS and nameservers etc. but not any option to declare a namserver at the registry.
Crappy company, no doubt!

Where did you register your domain?

This topic was automatically closed 8 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.