Howto set up 2FA for usermin and virtualmin users

🛈 SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version Debian 10
Virtualmin version 6.17-3

Please provide some documentation how to setup this feature
Thank you.

At first, you would need to make sure that libauthen-oath-perl package is installed, if not install it with the following command:

apt-get install libauthen-oath-perl -y

Instructions for Webmin/Virtualmin:
Go to Webmin ⇾ Webmin Configuration: Two-Factor Authentication and enable two-factor authentication and hit save button.
When this done, master administrator can configure two-factor authentication in Webmin ⇾ Webmin Users module. Virtualmin virtual server owners, will be able to do it by themselves after logging in from Administration Options ⇾ Enroll For Two-Factor: Two-Factor Authentication page.

Instructions for Usermin:
For Usermin the steps are exactly the same with the only difference that it should first be enabled on Webmin ⇾ Usermin Configuration: Two-Factor Authentication page.

1 Like

As per your advice I manage to configure 2FA configuration for master administrator: 2FA is working for both: virtualmin and usermin access.
Also managed to configure it for virtualmin virtual server owners, i.e. virtualmin and usermin access with 2FA is working.
Unfortunately I was not able to to configure 2FA for those usermin email users. Could you please give a hint how can I enroll a simple usermin email user to have 2FA working.
Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.