Howto have more than one webmin login for a domain?

Hi all,

what’s the preferred way of adding more than one webmin login to a virtualmin-controlled domain?

Actually I’d like to enable webmin login permissions for mail&ftp users just like other permissions. That way I’d make sure that removing such a user would remove the webmin account, too.

What do you think? Kind regards,

Christian

The “Extra Administrators” feature is probably what you’d want here. :slight_smile:

Sounds promising. I wasn’t aware of such a feature, so I searched in Virtualmin for “Extra Administrators”. Some references to “Extra Administrators” came up, when I click on any of them, I get:

You are not allowed to manage extra administrators

Call Stack Trace

File Line Function
/usr/share/webmin/virtual-server/list_admins.cgi 9 WebminCore::error
(eval 107) 6 (eval)
/usr/share/webmin/miniserv.pl 2272 (eval)
/usr/share/webmin/miniserv.pl 878 miniserv::handle_request

What’s wrong?

In order to add an extra admin, you’d first log into Virtualmin as root, then click Administration Options -> Manage Extra Admins.

From there, you can click “Add a new extra administrator”, which should allow you to set one up.

Does that work for you, or do you receive the same error when trying that?

-Eric

Hm, there’s no such entry below “Administration Options” when I log in as root.

Virtualmin 3.83 Pro
Webmin 1.534
Theme 8.0

One thing to verify – you’d have to be looking at a top-level Virtual Server, not a sub-server.

Is there any chance you could post a screenshot of what you see there?

-Eric

It is a top-level server that I’m looking at. See here: http://twitpic.com/45eepi

Any idea why that entry wouldn’t show up?

If you go into Edit Virtual Server, which features are enabled?

In particular, is the “Webmin Login Enabled” option checked?

-Eric

sigh I’m feeling stupid now.

That feature wasn’t enabled. Doing so gives me the “Manage extra admins” menu entry, just like you suggested. Thanks,

Christian

It’s okay, there’s a lot of options, and it can be hard to keep track of them all :slight_smile:

I’m glad it’s working, thanks for the update!

-Eric