How to switch back to the old filemanager? (UPDATED)

Hi,

How do I get the old filemanager back? The new filemanager is a real pain to work with. And I no longer can have several files open for editing and/or viewing at the same time, I have to close and save file by file… and that makes my work take much more time. And Also the multiple scrollbars and the buttons that always dissapears out of screen make my have to scroll everything back and forth all the time!

The old filemanager was in my opinion a really good thing to work with!

If the olf filemanager is “removed”, is it possible to get it back as a optional module?

Best regards,
Leffe (Blueforce)

UPDATE

I found it!!! :slight_smile:
The old filemanager just had a new name! Thank you!!!
I know I maybe “stupid” but I don’t like all new fancy icons and stuff. And the old filemanager is muuuuch better and faster to work with.

Thank you for not removing the old filemanager!

//Leffe

I noticed that root has the new file manager but a domain owner with access to it still has the old java version, is there a reason for this?

Thanks.

Howdy,

Yeah the old one isn’t going away anytime soon, though browsers are making it harder and harder to run Java apps. Glad you fount it!

We’d like to try to improve the new one though so that it works in a way folks love :slight_smile:

Welshman, that issue will be fixed in the next File Manager version. The next Filemin version is accessible to domain owners by default, with all the appropriate permissions.

-Eric

Thanks Eric!

Yes, I know there have been complains on browser permissons and security pop-ups in the Java version, but for me it’s just a couple clicks when I start the filemanager, and I don’t know why a couple of seconds more when you first start a session should be a problem.

I’m glad to hear that the original Java file manager will be around for some time.

I will try Filemin and post my thoughts, what I like and dislike, and also what I think is missing.

Best regards,
Leffe