How to switch all mail receipt (and user sending) to Google apps

I have a server that has been running Virtualmin for some time. It currently has 72 email users on it across a dozen or so domains.

To accomodate growth and, as all of the email users are in the same company, I’m moving the email to Google Apps.

To achieve this I need the server to continue to use Postfix to send mail for the domains (the ecommerce sites send email all the time) but I need it to stop receiving any local email.

I’ve tried reconfiguring myself and google to no avail.

On my last attempt where I tried to create a null server using the postfix documentation, it almost worked but when the stores send emails that go to what were previously local recipients, these bounce e.g:

Apr 16 10:55:03 ws1 postfix/error[8748]: 2B737BC696: to=mal.fasterpasture@mail.naturapet.com.au, orig_to=mal@fasterpasture.com.au, relay=none, delay=0.18, delays=0.1/0.05/0/0.03, dsn=5.0.0, status=bounced (local delivery is disabled# See /usr/share/postfix/main.cf.dist for a commented, more complete version)

Perhaps the mapping of mal@fasterpasture.com.au to mal.fasterpasure@mail.naturapet.com.au is the source of this problem.

In short I need to tell Postfix to send all of the mail to the default mail handling for the domains (which is all working fine) rather than intercepting it for local delivery. However I need it to continue sending the emails for all the stores exactly has it has been doing.

Any help much appreciated.

Howdy,

To achieve this I need the server to continue to use Postfix to send mail for the domains (the ecommerce sites send email all the time) but I need it to stop receiving any local email.

To do that – all you should need to do is disable the “Mail for Domain” feature in Edit Virtual Server -> Enabled Features, and then change the MX record in Server Configuration -> DNS Records.

Once you do that, you should be able to send email from your Virtualmin server, but it’ll be delivered to your Gmail accounts.

-Eric

Thanks. That sounds perfect but:

Failed to modify server : Virus filtering cannot be enabled unless email and spam filtering is
Call Stack Trace
File Line Function
/usr/share/webmin/virtual-server/save_domain.cgi 104 WebminCore::error
(eval 33) 6 (eval)
/usr/share/webmin/miniserv.pl 2306 (eval)
/usr/share/webmin/miniserv.pl 902 miniserv::handle_request

This error comes up whether I uncheck the spam filtering or the mail for domain or both.

Try to first turn off spam and virus filtering for the domain, then save the changes, and then turn off email.

I get exactly the same error if I just turn off the virus filtering and attempt to save the changes.

Okay that’s odd and IMO should not happen. I suppose the developer team needs to take a look at it, sounds rather like a bug or garbled configuration.