How to install php extension in multiple php installaion

Can you just mention the command that I can use to install a particular php extension for a system that has two versions of php.
For instance
dfn install php-cli targeted to php 8 alone

there it is in that wizard link

While is not this way!

1 Like

laughing at myself now.
After running the above command I added intl to the list which got installed too but cli is missing
dnf -y install php80-php-{cli,intl,pdo,fpm,zip,gd,xml,mysqlnd,opcache}
Screenshot_23
Screenshot_24

1 Like

IN the wizard link there you can find the command to see which extensions are installed, if as i did see before a cli extension is instaleld but version wrong or not reconized then asked in remi forum or even in the apllication you are trying to install maybe.

Ok. Thank you. Its installed but not the correct versionā€¦also it doesnt show up in the list below.

I am joining the forum you gave. Thanks.

@jotst2 I appreciate your guide. Thank you so much. I have asked for help on remi forum. Thanks so much.

Here you see it should be installed if that is your screenprint and situation.

You can try with a phpinfo file on that domain then see in browser.

You mean this screenshot?

No do a search how to use phpinfo in a clean php file in a domain, so phpinfo.php whith the right code then go to that domain with browser calling that file to check real frontend settings detected.

Please can you check for me on link PHP 8.0.20RC1 - phpinfo() if the output is correct?

Doesnā€™t work that way the apllication in combi with remi php you have to ask for the reason why versionā€¦

maybe because of RC1ā€¦???

I have asked in the forum but no response yet.

You should ask in forum / support of the application you are trying to install!

For you information i have REMI safe repo and there is 8.0.19 the latest version so not an release Candidate 1.1 or so for the 8.0.20 version! ( RC 1.1 in your case this seems).

What is good or no good i donā€™'t know , i think you mabye need Peter to explain and or ask in other both forums the one remi and the one apllication you use.

@mesh,

What you are trying to accomplish has been published in numerous tutorials over the years. So if youā€™d like free assistance, the steps can be found online. However it does require some basic Linux experience.

Iā€™d love to spend my days publishing free tutorials on topics I spend hours learning about at one time or another but sadly I need to earn a living.

The people Iā€™ve helped on this forum for a price would tell you the amount charged is affordable, and the after care received is exceptional.

Anyways, what you are seeking is only a Google search away.

If you are a Pro user you can also get support from the VM team.

I just canā€™t always justify offering free support in detail when others are paying for my time. It wouldnā€™t be fair to them.

Not to mention inflation (a whole topic unto itself)

You should consider taking Peter / @tpnsolutions up on his offer. There is no one better at this than he.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.