How to instal with mariadb

Did you look that up, it might lead to as to why service won’t start.

Mayb because nginx lemp i installed?

root@UbuntuMaria:~# systemctl status mariadb.service
● mariadb.service - MariaDB 10.3.34 database server
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/mariadb.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Mon 2022-03-07 17:46:17 UTC; 7s ago
Docs: man:mysqld(8)
systemd - MariaDB Knowledge Base
Process: 42782 ExecStartPre=/usr/bin/install -m 755 -o mysql -g root -d /var/run/mysqld (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Process: 42794 ExecStartPre=/bin/sh -c systemctl unset-environment _WSREP_START_POSITION (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Process: 42797 ExecStartPre=/bin/sh -c [ ! -e /usr/bin/galera_recovery ] && VAR= || VAR=cd /usr/bin/..; /usr/bin/galera_recovery; [ $? -eq 0 ] && systemctl set-environment _WSREP_START_POSITI>
Process: 42851 ExecStart=/usr/sbin/mysqld $MYSQLD_OPTS $_WSREP_NEW_CLUSTER $_WSREP_START_POSITION (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
Main PID: 42851 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
lines 1-10/10 (END)
^C
root@UbuntuMaria:~# journalctl -xe
No journal files were found.
~
~
~

Perhaps you have a database corruption. I don’t get it, in above post you said you re installed (clean install) and it worked?. Then you overwrite some old configs and it doesn’t work anymore? Losing track of what has been done. If you did a clean install and it worked, leave it as that, don’t overwrite configs but import the database correctly instead.

All i did was follow instructions. Installed mariadb-server-10.3 mariadb-client-10.3
Then got that error.
Then removed thouse 2 and still error.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.