How to enable HTTP/2 in virtualmin

SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version CentOS Linux 8.5.2111
Webmin version 1.994
Virtualmin version 7.1 Pro
Related packages SUGGESTED

How to enable HTTP/2 in virtualmin

can not update Package name remi-release
Last metadata expiration check: 2:46:20 ago on Wed Jun 29 10:10:29 2022.
Error:
Problem: cannot install the best update candidate for package remi-release-8.5-2.el8.remi.noarch
- nothing provides redhat-release >= 8.6 needed by remi-release-8.6-1.el8.remi.noarch
(try to add ‘–skip-broken’ to skip uninstallable packages or ‘–nobest’ to use not only best candidate packages)

.. install failed!

3.ImageMagick not updating

i am seeing alot of issue with centos

you think i should move to ubantu to get more updated new version of the php etc

please let me know

@paulfromsurrey,

First off, you should switch to a better supported distro as CentOS 8 was EOL last year.

*** Professional, Affordable Tech Support https://tpnassist.com ***

1 Like

Are you using Apache or Nginx? If it’s the latter (Nginx), check this other thread: HTTP/2 in Nginx - #4 by shillongserver

which distro is better

Not that question please.

Apache

I am thinking to switch from centos to other distro
Alma Linux
Rocky Linux
or ubuntu

@paulfromsurrey,

Any distro supported by Virtualmin that well, isn’t EOL.

Personally, after the discontinuance of CentOS I switched over to using Ubuntu which has served well since. A few things had to be adjusted, but overall a great choice for the moment.

If I were switching to another RedHat-based distro, based on reviews I’ve read I’d probably give Alma a go given their expertise in the area and overall governance.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.