How does DTC compare to Virtualmin?

I’m in the process of converting from a hand-rolled server setup on Ubuntu to using Virtualmin. As I’m doing it, I’ve been eying other solutions. The only other one that intrigues me is DTC:

http://www.gplhost.com/software-dtc.html

Does anyone have experience with it? It seems to be a radically different approach than Virtualmin, putting nearly everything in a MySQL database instead of using system services, etc. The DTC interface seems more streamlined than Virtualmin/Webmin, and less flexible. That could be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on the situation.

What I like about Virtualmin:

• built on Webmin, which has a long history and is stable.
  • makes minimal changes to Debian defaults, uses more-or-less default configuration
  • active support

What is intriguing about DTC:

• streamlined interface, fewer options to mingle with (?)
  • separates virtual users & permissions from system
  • GPL is fully-featured

The DTC demo seems down, so I am going on screenshots and documentation here. I’m considering installing it and giving it a shot, but I thought I’d post and see if anyone has any experience with DTC to share. Should I bother?

Thanks!

Don’t understand why the double-post occurred. If I had the power to delete my other post, I would.

It did take me some time to write the post, maybe there was a cookie timeout that affected things?

Anyway, sorry. Didn’t mean to!