Hosting virtualmin from home

So I’m hosting myself from home (localhost) and can access the admin site from home via ipaddress:10000. When I’m outside of my network, the sites work fine typing in the domain names. What I can’t seem to do is access the main site to test it while I’m on the same network. I’m only able to access the last domain that I created if I type in the ip address, but not the main system hostname domain. Typing in the domain name only brings me to my router (which is 192.168.0.1). I thought there would be a little trick like ipaddress/~domainname, but that is not working.
Thanks.

Hi,

and can access the admin site from home via ipaddress:10000. When I’m outside of my network, the sites work fine typing in the domain names. What I can’t seem to do is access the main site to test it while I’m on the same network. I’m only able to access the last domain that I created

Try to edit Apache VirtualHost related entries and make them all listen on *:80 rather than IP:80. Virtualmin has a configurable option Always use * for Address format for Apache virtual hosts under Defaults for new domains on System Settings > Virtualmin Configuration page.

1 Like

Thanks. tried this and then input my domain and same thing…maybe I will reboot server to see if that changes things. Thanks for the help.

Consumer routers rarely support access to the public IP from the local network.