Hoax emails - outgoing

There’s a reason I have nearly half the nations in the east completely blocked. They’re all just farms for spamming, botting, hacking and more.

My number one culprit was Singapore with Iran a close second.

I’ll catch flak for this, but it has saved me a lot of headaches over the last few years: if you don’t expect to deal with people from a given nation, block it completely. Black list it and forget it’s even on the planet.

So I’m okay with forgetting non US and UK nations exist, but how does one create a block list?

There’s a lot of different ways to do it. In that regard, Google is your friend to read about the different ways to do it and find one that works best for you.

There’s a lot of Geo block scripts for postfix on Github.

I’ve always used Cloudflare for my DNS for all the easy blocking and DDoS mitigation it has.

It depends on what works best for you.

Do you use CSF on your server? I also use a script that downloads the latest ip’s used by spammers from Stop Forum Spam, this blocks a lot of attempts to access my servers

Check your dkim, dmarc and spif:

Block common ports

check for malware.

I had this problem - it is a pain, and even after fixing it, you will find that your ip is now on several spammers list.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.