help

Yeah, Joe was exactly right, the Postfix config was just missing that one parameter at the end of the smtpd_recipient_restrictions line.

Why was it missing? I’m not really sure, it’s generally added by default. But it’s there now :slight_smile:

I also verified that Dovecot was working, so you should be in good shape!
-Eric

ok so now when trying to send i get.

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was 'admin@xxxxxx.org'. Subject 'test', Account: 'was123@xxxxx.com', Server: 'mail.xxxxxx.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '554 5.7.1 <admin@xxxxxx.org>: Relay access denied', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 554, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

ok i also tried sending a email to the addresses setup on the server and got mail returned.

Host or domain name not found. Name service
error for name=localdomain type=A: Host not found

Host or domain name not found. Name service error for name=localdomain type=A: Host not found

So, you said you installed using install.sh, right? I’m confused how you have all of these misconfigurations! None of this should have been possible (well, there is that one bug on Ubuntu where Dovecot doesn’t get it’s plain password directive set right, but all the rest of this should have been right after the install). :wink:

Anyway, this problem is happening because your box doesn’t have a correctly configured fully qualified domain name. The install script should have refused to run in such a circumstance.

now we are starting to talk along the lines i was thinking of.
just seemed like there were domain issues.

andreychek is the man…

many many thanks to you and if i can ever help you just holler!!!