Hello to All

Do you know how many times that I have stumbled upon Virtualmin in the past few years and never even thought to give it a go? Pretty close to a dozen or more. My reason? It wasn’t very attractive. Oh, but what’s this? I can change the theme? I wish I would have dug into that bit a little more.

Anyways, I’ve been doing A LOT of reading on Webmin/Virtualmin/Usermin and I’d have to say the 3 have some pretty impressive reviews. I guess it was time to boot up a VM and actually give it a go.

I’m a long time cPanel user just because it’s seen as pretty much the standard in most cases. Any server I’ve ran in the past has always had cPanel. Well, it seems it’s time to make a change. The last few days I’ve been testing Virtualmin and I have got to say I am quite impressed. Yes, it’s different, but it does EVERYTHING I want and then some and best of all - it’s free! Literally, just seconds ago I just finished installing it on a second VM so I can test the multi-server settings. I’ve already decided I’ll be moving all of my sites/servers over to this wonderful utility.

So, I suppose I owe an apology for just skipping by and judging a book by it’s cover. If I would have taken the time years back, I’m sure I would have boarded ship long ago.

Little notes: Running on CentOS 7 with Authentic theme.