Having DNS issues

Hey,

I have never had a problem doing this before but I seem to be having trouble this time.

I’ll just jump into it. The domain is provided by godaddy and we have 2 nameservers made on godaddy:

• ns1.halocommunity.com
  • ns2.halocommunity.com

Each has it’s own IP NS1 being 173.245.7.238 and NS2 173.245.6.198 (The new IP for NS2 is new (the problems were happening before that))

When I do DNS tests on my domain I get these results:
http://www.viewdns.info/dnsreport/?domain=halocommunity.com

and the following errors bug me and I don’t know how to fix them with virtualmin:

Missing NS records at local servers - Oops! It appears that the following nameserves listed at the parent servers are not listed at your local servers: ns1.halocommunity.com. ns2.halocommunity.com.
You should ensure that these nameservers are valid and working. If they aren’t, it can cause odd behaviour including some people not being able to access your domain.
This issue is happening!!!

Missing NS records at parent servers - Oops! It appears that the following nameserves listed at your local servers are not listed at the parent servers: server1.halocommunity.com. You should ensure that these nameservers are valid and working. If they are not, you will encounter connectivity issues with your domain.

MX records have reverse DNS entries - Oops! The following MX entries don’t have reverse DNS entries for their IP’s. RFC1912 section 2.1 states that a reverse DNS entry must exist for all your mail servers IP’s. Many mailservers will not even accept mail from mailservers with no reverse DNS entry!
173.245.7.238 You should contact your hosting provider or ISP and ask to have a reverse DNS entry (PTR) added for the above IP’s.

Any help would be wonderful.

Hi.

Edit your zonefile to add NS records for ns1 and ns2
Also remove the NS record for server1

Give it a few hours before you test again, but you might find it working sooner than that.

Thanks.

The nameserver issue is fixed. how about the MX records have reverse DNS entries?

Autonamus, you’ll have to talk to your provider about setting the reverse, which is a PTR record for the IP zone.