Have I been hacked? - Strange reseller account appeared

I just noticed some strange reseller type account show up in my GPL VIrtualmin install. It’s just a string of numbers for the domain. Any ideas what’s going on here? I am unable to delete it and I’m alarmed by it showing up. See screengrabs.

No, it’s likely a bug. But, I haven’t seen a domain corruption bug like this in several years. That’s an ID that Virtualmin uses to uniquely keep up with accounts. But…you should never see the number.

Is your Virtualmin up to date? (I think it’d have to be pretty old to be exhibiting one of a few different known bugs that can result in this, though.)

And, are you sure you aren’t experiencing hardware problems? Maybe out of disk space or OOM killer killed Webmin during a domain operation?

System hostname example.co.th (12.34.56.78) Operating system CentOS Linux 7.9.2009
Webmin version 1.973 Usermin version 1.823
Virtualmin version 6.16 Authentic theme version 19.73
Time on system Saturday, May 29, 2021 4:21 PM Kernel and CPU Linux 3.10.0-1160.24.1.el7.x86_64 on x86_64

I posted my system details above. I see no OOM problems.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.